@line รับ เครดิต ฟรี2019 RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

livescoreทีเด็ด_สูตร เล่น บา คา ร่า ให้ ใช้ ฟรี เป็น วิทยาทาน_gclub download มือถือ_ทางเข้า เว็บไซต์สล็อตออนไลน์_ฟรีชีปเล่นสล็อต

@line รับ เครดิต ฟรี2019Jump to content

  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Why the “Good Guy with a Gun?Argument Doesn’t Work With Leftists Rate Topic: -----

#41 User is offline   Noclevermoniker 

  • Wire Dachsies Matter
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter
  • Posts: 16,037
  • Joined: 13-November 03

Posted 27 November 2018 - 12:38 PM

View PostLadybird, on 27 November 2018 - 07:38 AM, said:

It's all good unless as long as the "good guy" is not black.

[sigh]

This post has been edited by Noclevermoniker: 27 November 2018 - 12:39 PM

0

#42 User is offline   Noclevermoniker 

  • Wire Dachsies Matter
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter
  • Posts: 16,037
  • Joined: 13-November 03

Posted 27 November 2018 - 12:47 PM

View PostLadybird, on 27 November 2018 - 11:43 AM, said:

It’s despicable when people are shot for no reason.

Agreed. But if people are being shot for no reason, then it's not because they're bleck, right?
0

#43 User is offline   Ords1972 

  • Newbie
  • Group: Registered Guest
  • Posts: 4
  • Joined: 27-November 18

Posted 27 November 2018 - 01:15 PM

Interesting experiment!

Black Man Vs. White Man Carrying Gun - crazy social experiment





Another article. This time from the American Conservative:

When The ‘Good Guy With A Gun?Is A Black Man

An African American stopped a shooting only to be killed by police. This is the next big test for gun rights activists.

https://www.theameri...is-a-black-man/
0

#44 User is offline   Coach 

  • Coach
  • Group: Bronze
  • Posts: 14,366
  • Joined: 17-November 03

Posted 27 November 2018 - 01:28 PM

View PostOrds1972, on 27 November 2018 - 01:15 PM, said:

Interesting experiment!

Black Man Vs. White Man Carrying Gun - crazy social experiment





Another article. This time from the American Conservative:

When The ‘Good Guy With A Gun?Is A Black Man

An African American stopped a shooting only to be killed by police. This is the next big test for gun rights activists.

https://www.theameri...is-a-black-man/





This is sad and stupid beyond belief. We will never know but I suspect the cops would have shot a white man with a gun as well.
0

#45 User is offline   HardRightBambi 

  • Right is Right and Left is Sinister
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter
  • Posts: 769
  • Joined: 18-September 18

Posted 27 November 2018 - 01:33 PM

View PostNatural Selection, on 27 November 2018 - 12:07 PM, said:

ANYBODY holding a gun in the presence of the police is taking a huge risk. Black people just seem to do it more often and in more stupid ways.


Know what I wonder? Why is it that when a black person ends up shot by police, brandishing a weapon then cornered, being ordered to comply with surrendering said weapon. 1. Why don't they do so immediately? Why's it always have to be some Thing? 2. Why also, when same black guy was seen waving/brandishing a weapon (as in the very recent case of an active mall shooter sitch and the guy's waving a pistol around at people. It's all a "misunderstanding"? and the motives were altruistic? (he was waving people away from the shooter with his gun hand) Who could be so stupid? Many are the times that I've thought it was a great idea/public service to withdraw my concealed weapon and wave it at people for their own safety. And it's a big mystery why some of these people orchestrate their own suicide by cop? Please. Refrain from urinating on my leg and insisting it's raining.
0

#46 User is offline   USNRETWIFE 

  • Tiki Barbie
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter
  • Posts: 14,981
  • Joined: 02-April 03

Posted 27 November 2018 - 01:42 PM

Gee, what was this thread about again? Good guy, bad guy, white guy, black guy, a very good bad purple guy with a slingshot? And Ladybird has done it again. I'm just surprised her side_kick hasn't chimed in. It's racist to have a thread not about racism, I guess.
0

#47 User is offline   MontyPython 

  • Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold
  • Posts: 53,331
  • Joined: 28-February 03

Posted 27 November 2018 - 01:43 PM

View PostOrds1972, on 27 November 2018 - 01:15 PM, said:

Interesting experiment!

Black Man Vs. White Man Carrying Gun - crazy social experiment





Another article. This time from the American Conservative:

When The ‘Good Guy With A Gun?Is A Black Man

An African American stopped a shooting only to be killed by police. This is the next big test for gun rights activists.

https://www.theameri...is-a-black-man/


"...This is the next big test for gun rights activists..."

What "test", exactly, do you propose? Are you waiting for "gun rights activists" (whatever that means) to suggest that incident wasn't a tragedy? That the cop did nothing wrong? That the victim "deserved" his fate? Something else entirely?

By the way, we already had a thread about that incident. Admittedly didn't get much traffic, but that often happens when nobody disagrees with the opening article. The incident was presented in the opening article as a tragedy, the few of us who posted in the thread agreed it was horrible and the cop deserves the full measure of the law meted out for his carelessness and stupidity. After that any further posts would've been nothing but a string of "Yeah, that"...and..."I agree"...and..."You're right"...and so forth. My point is that not one of us "gun rights activists" (again, whatever that means) even remotely suggested it was "OK" or that it "wasn't" a horrific tragedy or that the cop "was justified" or anything else along similar lines.

So I repeat: What "test" are you proposing?

:scratch:
0

#48 User is offline   HardRightBambi 

  • Right is Right and Left is Sinister
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter
  • Posts: 769
  • Joined: 18-September 18

Posted 27 November 2018 - 01:51 PM

View PostUSNRETWIFE, on 27 November 2018 - 01:42 PM, said:

Gee, what was this thread about again? Good guy, bad guy, white guy, black guy, a very good bad purple guy with a slingshot? And Ladybird has done it again. I'm just surprised her side_kick hasn't chimed in. It's racist to have a thread not about racism, I guess.


I knew what it was. Way back somewhere. Now, it's some sort of drive by ANTIFA activist tactic: Hit and run. Spin it up and duck out.
0

#49 User is offline   RibeyeSteak 

  • Till We Meet Again
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter
  • Posts: 3,214
  • Joined: 16-January 04

Posted 27 November 2018 - 02:15 PM

View PostUSNRETWIFE, on 27 November 2018 - 01:42 PM, said:

Gee, what was this thread about again? Good guy, bad guy, white guy, black guy, a very good bad purple guy with a slingshot? And Ladybird has done it again. I'm just surprised her side_kick hasn't chimed in. It's racist to have a thread not about racism, I guess.


Regarding the bolded part, that may have already happened.

Anytime you see a newbie with a moronic or obnoxious post#1, that should be the first thought.

This post has been edited by RibeyeSteak: 27 November 2018 - 02:16 PM

0

#50 User is offline   HardRightBambi 

  • Right is Right and Left is Sinister
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter
  • Posts: 769
  • Joined: 18-September 18

Posted 27 November 2018 - 02:39 PM

View PostRibeyeSteak, on 27 November 2018 - 02:15 PM, said:

Regarding the bolded part, that may have already happened.

Anytime you see a newbie with a moronic or obnoxious post#1, that should be the first thought.

I'm a newbie and I can tell you for a fact with many a witness: everytime this happens wherein one of these racial dust ups co opt a thread, there begins a veritable Russian roulette of "newbie names/posts" that crop up a time or two hit and run never to be seen, again. Curious pattern, that. :coolshades:
0

#51 User is offline   Bubbajoebob 

  • M dwarf stars
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter
  • Posts: 526
  • Joined: 28-July 09

Posted 27 November 2018 - 02:50 PM

Skipping all the off-on-a-tangent race posts, why doesn't the "good guy with a gun" argument work with leftists? It's because their position is based on feelings, not facts, and the good guy with a gun argument doesn't change their emotional reaction to guns.

Years ago I had a conversation with someone who was otherwise in the conservative camp, but who was afraid of guns. She found out I'd got a concealed carry permit and said she'd be afraid if I had a gun with me. I asked why, did she think I'd misuse it, shoot her or her friends, etc.? No, but she'd still be afraid. I pointed out that she's actually safer with me there if I had a gun with me -- she knows I'm a good person and wouldn't hurt her, but with a gun I'd be more able to protect her and myself in the event a bad person tried to hurt us. She agreed, but she'd still be afraid if I had a gun with me. Isn't it more important to _be_ safe than it is to _feel_ safe? Maybe, but she'd still be afraid. Nothing could change her feelings, so I gave up and just didn't tell her when I was carrying.

My take is that, as I've heard them say, they "don't want to live in a world where people need guns to protect themselves." (A lot like the "Don't teach women to protect themselves, just teach men not to rape" idea.) So they feel safer by ignoring that they do live in a world where they might need to protect themselves. It doesn't make them safe, but it makes them feel safe, and that's what matters more to them.
0

#52 User is offline   Ords1972 

  • Newbie
  • Group: Registered Guest
  • Posts: 4
  • Joined: 27-November 18

Posted 27 November 2018 - 02:50 PM

View PostMontyPython, on 27 November 2018 - 01:43 PM, said:

"...This is the next big test for gun rights activists..."

What "test", exactly, do you propose? Are you waiting for "gun rights activists" (whatever that means) to suggest that incident wasn't a tragedy? That the cop did nothing wrong? That the victim "deserved" his fate? Something else entirely?

By the way, we already had a thread about that incident. Admittedly didn't get much traffic, but that often happens when nobody disagrees with the opening article. The incident was presented in the opening article as a tragedy, the few of us who posted in the thread agreed it was horrible and the cop deserves the full measure of the law meted out for his carelessness and stupidity. After that any further posts would've been nothing but a string of "Yeah, that"...and..."I agree"...and..."You're right"...and so forth. My point is that not one of us "gun rights activists" (again, whatever that means) even remotely suggested it was "OK" or that it "wasn't" a horrific tragedy or that the cop "was justified" or anything else along similar lines.

So I repeat: What "test" are you proposing?

:scratch:


I am not proposing anything. That line is the sub-heading from the American Conservative article.

Here are some observations from the AC editor:

Yet the cold resignation in the witness’s account originates in the experiences of many African Americans. There is a burgeoning number of cases in which the police conduct that results in a dead black man is at least highly questionable.

So too is the relative silence of gun rights groups when these situations entail law-abiding black gun owners?interactions with law enforcement. The most prominent example is Philando Castile, a valid gun permit holder who was slain despite informing police officers he was armed. The National Rifle Association faced questions about its handling of the incident—not least from its own members.

Unless new information emerges that radically changes what we know about the underlying facts, Roberson represents the next test for gun rights supporters. He stopped a bad guy with a gun, fulfilling the promise of the Second Amendment, and then died at the hands of government employees...

0

#53 User is offline   Tea Party Hooligan 

  • I kick puppies
  • Group: Bronze
  • Posts: 17,021
  • Joined: 27-May 03

Posted 27 November 2018 - 03:10 PM

View PostOrds1972, on 27 November 2018 - 02:50 PM, said:

I am not proposing anything. That line is the sub-heading from the American Conservative article.

Here are some observations from the AC editor:

Yet the cold resignation in the witness’s account originates in the experiences of many African Americans. There is a burgeoning number of cases in which the police conduct that results in a dead black man is at least highly questionable.

So too is the relative silence of gun rights groups when these situations entail law-abiding black gun owners?interactions with law enforcement. The most prominent example is Philando Castile, a valid gun permit holder who was slain despite informing police officers he was armed. The National Rifle Association faced questions about its handling of the incident—not least from its own members.

Unless new information emerges that radically changes what we know about the underlying facts, Roberson represents the next test for gun rights supporters. He stopped a bad guy with a gun, fulfilling the promise of the Second Amendment, and then died at the hands of government employees...



As someone who is a valid gun permit holder in the same State as Philando, I can say that he did several things wrong when stopped by police. We are told, in our class, how to interact with law enforcement when we are packing. He did NONE of it.

I wish people would quit holding that guy up as some fine example of a citizen, because he wasn't.
0

#54 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

  • Pissing off all of the right people
  • Group: Silver
  • Posts: 28,377
  • Joined: 14-October 03

Posted 27 November 2018 - 03:44 PM

 Ladybird, on 27 November 2018 - 07:38 AM, said:

It's all good unless as long as the "good guy" is not black.

:bs:

You're full of more excrement than a Christmas goose.

This post has been edited by Rock N' Roll Right Winger: 27 November 2018 - 03:44 PM

0

#55 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

  • Pissing off all of the right people
  • Group: Silver
  • Posts: 28,377
  • Joined: 14-October 03

Posted 27 November 2018 - 03:48 PM

 Natural Selection, on 27 November 2018 - 09:14 AM, said:

A democrat chimed in. That's what happened.

A racist one at that.
0

#56 User is offline   MontyPython 

  • Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold
  • Posts: 53,331
  • Joined: 28-February 03

Posted 27 November 2018 - 03:50 PM

View PostOrds1972, on 27 November 2018 - 02:50 PM, said:

I am not proposing anything. That line is the sub-heading from the American Conservative article.

Here are some observations from the AC editor:

Yet the cold resignation in the witness’s account originates in the experiences of many African Americans. There is a burgeoning number of cases in which the police conduct that results in a dead black man is at least highly questionable.

So too is the relative silence of gun rights groups when these situations entail law-abiding black gun owners?interactions with law enforcement. The most prominent example is Philando Castile, a valid gun permit holder who was slain despite informing police officers he was armed. The National Rifle Association faced questions about its handling of the incident—not least from its own members.

Unless new information emerges that radically changes what we know about the underlying facts, Roberson represents the next test for gun rights supporters. He stopped a bad guy with a gun, fulfilling the promise of the Second Amendment, and then died at the hands of government employees...



OK, so the article itself tosses out the "test" comment. I read the whole thing and still couldn't find the part where they explain what this proposed "test" is supposed to consist of. As I said previously, this incident was already discussed here, and there was exactly zero disagreement that it was a terrible tragedy, that the cop was absolutely wrong and absolutely deserved the full measure of the law for his recklessness and stupidity.

So, do we pass the "test", whatever the hell it is?

:coffeenpc:
0

#57 User is offline   stick 

  • The 'Little Genius' giving thanks
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold
  • Posts: 16,132
  • Joined: 24-November 03

Posted 27 November 2018 - 03:51 PM

View PostOrds1972, on 27 November 2018 - 01:15 PM, said:



Do ya think ya can find a better link to your propaganda than "dailymotion"?




Quote

Another article. This time from the American Conservative:

When The ‘Good Guy With A Gun?Is A Black Man

An African American stopped a shooting only to be killed by police. This is the next big test for gun rights activists.

https://www.theameri...is-a-black-man/


Get it straight, buster - a "gun right activist" is just someone advocating and supporting our Constitution. There's nothing to be "activist" about - it's the law of the land. No, the "activists" are the ones trying to tear apart the Constitution piece by piece, stripping people down into subjects of the aristocracy.

No thanks. I'm keeping my guns and you can try to take them from me. Good luck.


And what a great idea for public policy (and thwarting our God-given right to defend ourselves by any means necessary), base it on ONE EXTRAORDINARY (or at least by far the extreme minority), TRAGIC example!

And you wonder why the right accuses the left of being extreme, dangerous and anti-American.
0

#58 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

  • Pissing off all of the right people
  • Group: Silver
  • Posts: 28,377
  • Joined: 14-October 03

Posted 27 November 2018 - 03:53 PM

 Ladybird, on 27 November 2018 - 11:31 AM, said:

For being black with a weapon (or something resembling a weapon) legal or otherwise.
See Philando Castile, Jemel Roberson, Stephen Clark, and Tamir Rice.

It is dangerous for a black man (or one resembling a man) to carry a weapon, good guy or not.

Now you're just muddying the water with even more :bs: because you got called out on your :bs: .
0

#59 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

  • Pissing off all of the right people
  • Group: Silver
  • Posts: 28,377
  • Joined: 14-October 03

Posted 27 November 2018 - 03:54 PM

 Ladybird, on 27 November 2018 - 11:43 AM, said:

It’s despicable when people are shot for no reason.
.
Most blacks shot by the police and crime victims are for damned good reasons.
0

#60 User is online   SARGE 

  • <no title>
  • Group: Bronze
  • Posts: 10,532
  • Joined: 26-June 03

Posted 27 November 2018 - 03:58 PM

View Poststick, on 27 November 2018 - 03:51 PM, said:

Do ya think ya can find a better link to your propaganda than "dailymotion"?

No thanks. I'm keeping my guns and you can try to take them from me. Good luck.


:yeahthat:

We'd better be careful, stick, he'll threaten to 'nuke' us if we don't submit.
0

Share this topic:


  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users