@line รับ เครดิต ฟรี2019 RightNation.US @line รับ เครดิต ฟรี2019
@line รับ เครดิต ฟรี2019News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

ทดลองเล่นสล็อตปลาทอง_ทดลอง เล่น สล็อต ฟรี ไม่ ต้อง ฝาก_ไพ่ป๊อกเด้ง boyaa ios_แจก ยูสเซอร์ พร้อม เครดิต ฟรี สล็อต_พนัน ออนไลน์ ขั้น ต่ํา 100

@line รับ เครดิต ฟรี2019Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

NPR Is Super Hyped For ‘Auntie Maxine?Waters But not a whisper of her ethics problems Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Liz 

  • ***-----------***
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 49,947
  • Joined: 28-February 03

  Posted 16 November 2018 - 07:41 PM

NPR Is Super Hyped For ‘Auntie Maxine?Waters

Washington Examiner
by Becket Adams
November 16, 2018 06:49 PM

Excerpt:

National Public Radio has produced a glowing, pro-Rep. Maxine Waters, D-Calif., report this week.

"'Auntie Maxine' Waters Gets Ready To Take On The Banks As House Panel Chair," reads the headline, giving readers fair warning about what sort of article they should expect.

The headline’s use of Waters?#Resistance nickname seems like gross, overly friendly deference to a person in a position of power. To be fair, NPR published a headline in 2016 that included the use of “Mad Dog?in reference to Defense Secretary James Mattis. But the difference there is that “Mad Dog?is a nickname that has followed Mattis around for years. It wasn’t given to him by partisan activists. “Auntie Maxine,?on the other hand, is explicitly the creation of the #Resistance. Giving it lip service in the headline seems like poor judgment on NPR’s part.

Next, there’s the content the story itself. Hoo, boy.

There are plenty of reasons to suspect the NPR newsroom has a troublingly high opinion of the congresswoman, but none stands out so much as the fact that its report this week makes absolutely no mention of her history of alleged ethics violations or the fact that her family has been making a killing from her political and business connections. To be clear: In a story that goes out of its way to characterize Waters as a “firebrand?who “gives as good as she gets?and claims she has used her influence on the Financial Services Committee to “[position] herself as a voice of the little people,?there’s not one word about her long history of political kickbacks and using her political endorsement to enrich her family.

You’d think a story that takes the time to quote industry experts who say she is a “tough and savvy defender of consumer protection?and “skilled legislator [who has] devoted considerable energy to issues affecting the mortgage industry?would also find time to mention the congresswoman’s well-documented history of unethical behavior.

Readers might be interested in learning more about Waters' daughter, Karen, who will collect more than $200,000 this year for heading a slate mailer operation for her mother’s 2018 re-election campaign. Readers might also be interested in learning more about the fact that, between 2006 and 2016, Waters?firm will have collected more than $600,000 in funds from her mother’s campaign.

NPR couldn’t be bothered to mention that Waters was charged in 2010 with violations of the House's ethics rules after it was discovered she had used her connections to ensure a $12 million federal bailout of OneUnited Bank. NPR couldn’t be bothered to mention Waters?husband owned OneUnited Bank stock. NPR also couldn’t be bothered to mention the 2004 Los Angeles Times report that found Waters' relatives pocketed more than $1 million over the course of eight years from businesses and political campaigns that were in some way connected to the congresswoman.

*snip*

Full Story
0

#2 User is offline   Ben Cranklin 

  • Satiric Curmudgeon
  • Group: Gold
  • Posts: 6,169
  • Joined: 27-June 03

Posted 16 November 2018 - 08:04 PM

Auntie Maxine??? Will she be trading in the wig for a handkerchief like Auntie Jemima? :ph34r:
0

#3 User is offline   BerkeleyUnderground 

  • <no title>
  • Group: Silver
  • Posts: 17,032
  • Joined: 20-April 04

Posted 16 November 2018 - 09:01 PM

I have a far left-wing sister-in-law who is a dedicated NPR listener and a few years ago I was telling her and my brother about going to the bike co-op, which is in a formerly black neighborhood but is trending to being "trendy" and mixed.

I said that I asked the trendy white girl working there if it was safe around here after dark. She momentarily paused for whatever reason before she said yes.

So, OK, my brother and his wife both immediately said: "You can't ask that!", and that's the idiotic bubble so many, many people, I think, live in, including lots of people here.
0

#4 User is offline   RedSoloCup 

  • <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter
  • Posts: 3,210
  • Joined: 05-June 15

Posted 16 November 2018 - 09:39 PM

<censored> NPR and PBS. Both should have been stripped of funding eons ago.

But "the Swamp" won't allow it. :nuts:
0

#5 User is offline   RedSoloCup 

  • <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter
  • Posts: 3,210
  • Joined: 05-June 15

Posted 16 November 2018 - 09:41 PM

View PostBerkeleyUnderground, on 16 November 2018 - 09:01 PM, said:

I have a far left-wing sister-in-law who is a dedicated NPR listener and a few years ago I was telling her and my brother about going to the bike co-op, which is in a formerly black neighborhood but is trending to being "trendy" and mixed.

I said that I asked the trendy white girl working there if it was safe around here after dark. She momentarily paused for whatever reason before she said yes.

So, OK, my brother and his wife both immediately said: "You can't ask that!", and that's the idiotic bubble so many, many people, I think, live in, including lots of people here.


Your SIL is quite the leftist ding dong.

This post has been edited by RedSoloCup: 16 November 2018 - 09:43 PM

0

#6 User is offline   Howsithangin 

  • I'm dethpicable
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter
  • Posts: 26,342
  • Joined: 07-March 08

Posted 17 November 2018 - 02:14 AM

I hate NPR. To my bones. Defunding it would be my first act in office
0

#7 User is offline   USMCforever60 

  • <no title>
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter
  • Posts: 542
  • Joined: 02-November 04

Posted 18 November 2018 - 10:27 PM

I like NPR. Ya gotta know what the enemy thinkin an doin!!!!!! And I need a good laugh everyday listening to the snowflakes
0

#8 User is offline   HardRightBambi 

  • Right is Right and Left is Sinister
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter
  • Posts: 769
  • Joined: 18-September 18

Posted 19 November 2018 - 08:03 AM

View PostBen Cranklin, on 16 November 2018 - 08:04 PM, said:

Auntie Maxine??? Will she be trading in the wig for a handkerchief like Auntie Jemima? :ph34r:


Man, you is a rassiss!
0

#9 User is offline   That_Guy 

  • <no title>
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter
  • Posts: 19,464
  • Joined: 02-September 06

Posted 19 November 2018 - 08:57 AM

View PostLiz, on 16 November 2018 - 07:41 PM, said:

NPR Is Super Hyped For ‘Auntie Maxine?Waters

Washington Examiner
by Becket Adams
November 16, 2018 06:49 PM

Excerpt:

National Public Radio has produced a glowing, pro-Rep. Maxine Waters, D-Calif., report this week.

"'Auntie Maxine' Waters Gets Ready To Take On The Banks As House Panel Chair," reads the headline, giving readers fair warning about what sort of article they should expect.

The headline’s use of Waters?#Resistance nickname


For anyone (like this T. Becket Adams) who doesn't have close relationships with black people, please know that "Auntie" is a term of endearment in our community and Congresswoman Waters was being referred to as "Auntie Maxine" long before Trump was being taken seriously as a political candidate.
0

#10 User is online   zurg 

  • <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter
  • Posts: 25,417
  • Joined: 19-October 09

Posted 19 November 2018 - 12:23 PM

View PostThat_Guy, on 19 November 2018 - 08:57 AM, said:

For anyone (like this T. Becket Adams) who doesn't have close relationships with black people, please know that "Auntie" is a term of endearment in our community and Congresswoman Waters was being referred to as "Auntie Maxine" long before Trump was being taken seriously as a political candidate.

Suuuureee.
0

#11 User is offline   RedSoloCup 

  • <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter
  • Posts: 3,210
  • Joined: 05-June 15

Posted 19 November 2018 - 12:30 PM

View PostThat_Guy, on 19 November 2018 - 08:57 AM, said:

For anyone (like this T. Becket Adams) who doesn't have close relationships with black people, please know that "Auntie" is a term of endearment in our community and Congresswoman Waters was being referred to as "Auntie Maxine" long before Trump was being taken seriously as a political candidate.


:yawn:
0

#12 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

  • Pissing off all of the right people
  • Group: Silver
  • Posts: 28,377
  • Joined: 14-October 03

Posted 19 November 2018 - 12:33 PM

View PostThat_Guy, on 19 November 2018 - 08:57 AM, said:

For anyone (like this T. Becket Adams) who doesn't have close relationships with black people, please know that "Auntie" is a term of endearment in our community and Congresswoman Waters was being referred to as "Auntie Maxine" long before Trump was being taken seriously as a political candidate.

I've got a better name for you, her and all those commie proggies just like you: Anti-American.
0

Share this topic:


Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users